Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

Meet the Nominees..


CANDIDATE FOR VICE-PRESIDENT 2018-2020
BILL WISE

My wife Barb and I live at Robson Ranch in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas.
We were originally from the Seattle area where we both retired from the Boeing Co., me as an engineer.
We have 4 kids and 8 grandkids ranging from 2-16 years of age.
Pickleball has been part of our lives since we moved to Texas 4 years ago.
We actively play in tournaments and have played in tournaments from Florida to Arizona to Washington State to Indiana and many states in between. 
I also play slow pitch Softball both here and in Texas. 

Prior club experience:
President of a van club
Treasurer of Robson Ranch Pickleball club
Leader of Cub Scout pack
Member of Seattle Children’s Hospital “Magic Guild”
-motorcycle club raising money for uncompensated care
Member of Palm Creek Pickleball club ratings committee 
Years of coaching little league baseball 

We love it here at Palm Creek and are very excited to become more involved in the Pickleball Club!




CANDIDATE FOR TREASURER 2018-2020
PENNY ROSSMAN

My name is Penny Rossman and I’m running for Treasurer of Palm Creek Pickleball Club.  I was destined to be a money handler (my Mom named me Penny after all).  My first treasurer position was for my high school senior class.  I went on to graduate in business administration from Oregon State University.  When my husband David started an engineering consulting business, I became the controller for the company which we owned for nearly 30 years.

I did a lot of volunteering during my children’s school years including Cub Scout Den Leader and PTA.  I was treasurer for the Corbett Education Foundation and my Kiwanis club.  My husband and I got involved in saving our local grade school building to use as a community center and I was the treasurer of that non-profit organization.

Palm Creek Pickleball has provided physical and social activity and is the major reason we have made Palm Creek our winter home.  I have volunteered over the years at tournaments, been in charge of tournament player snacks, and am a round robin captain.   The Club thrives because of the many dedicated volunteers.  Being treasurer would give me the opportunity to continue helping the Club provide enjoyment for its members. 




CANDIDATE FOR MEMBER AT LARGE 2018-2020
KATHIE BAKER

My name is Kathie Baker and I am running for an at large Board Member position.
We have been coming to Palm Creek for 9 years. We were taught Pickleball by Dean & Laurel Wineinger and have been hooked on it. I have been actively involved in the club activities ever since.  I have organized Pickleball tournament dinners, helped sell shirts, sold raffle tickets and of course spent a lot of time behind the camera at all the tournaments and activities. One of the most fun and rewarding has been serving as a 2.5 captain. It is wonderful to see the excitement and determination in learning something new and challenging. I received a unique view of club organization and activities observing Gary’s experience as Club Vice President, and Club President for 2 years.
I have been involved in owning and running two businesses in which I handled sales, payroll, and payables. I have worked in Interior Design and usually you will see an easel with an oil painting in progress, on our site. I have spent a lot of time in Humanitarian Aid volunteering, and countless hours in youth programs, and church service. I believe in serving and helping wherever we can; whatever the need.
I am anxious to serve in the club on the board. I have seen the growth from a small group on the tennis courts to a large and still growing club on 32 premium courts. I have interest and concern in seeing this club continue help teach and grow the sport of Pickleball, and meet the challenges this brings.
Thank you for considering me for this position.
Kathie Baker


Nominations Are  Closed

No comments: